Welcome

This is my blog created to give you the insights of my work on the weeks running up to making a music video. Included in this blog will be details on what I get up to in class and how far I have got in my ideas. So don't waste anymore time reading this introduction...read my blogs!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Music De-construction

This lesson we have looked at music de-construction and fitting a visual to the lyrics of the song we are planning to do the video on. I looked at Cydni Lauper - 'Time after Time' lyrics and timed the lyrics which took quite a long time because she seems to hardly ever breath in the song!!!
I also thought about what visuals I think would suit a) the Music and b) the Lyrics.
Here are the Lyrics to the song:

Lying in my bed I hear the clock tick,And think of youCaught up in circles confusionIs nothing newFlashback warm nightsAlmost left behindSuitcases of memories,Time afterSometimes you picture meIm walking too far aheadYoure calling to me, I cant hearWhat youve saidThen you say go slowI fall behindThe second hand unwindsIf youre lost you can look and you will find meTime after timeIf you fall I will catch you Ill be waitingTime after timeIf youre lost you can look and you will find meTime after timeIf you fall I will catch you Ill be waitingTime after timeAfter my picture fades and darkness hasTurned to grayWatching through windows youre wonderingIf Im okSecrets stolen from deep insideThe drum beats out of timeIf youre lost you can look and you will find meTime after timeIf you fall I will catch you Ill be waitingTime after timeYou said go slowI fall behindThe second hand unwindsIf youre lost you can look and you will find meTime after timeIf you fall I will catch you Ill be waitingTime after timeIf youre lost you can look and you will find meTime after timeIf you fall I will catch you Ill be waitingTime after timeTime after timeTime after timeTime after time.

Looking at the lyrics I come up with the idea with soemthing to do with the ups and downs of a relationship. This gave me one possible idea:

Idea 1: Girl and Boy couple together in every decade. e.g. we see them in love in the 60's to the 00's therefore different elements change. We see them maybe in black and white slow dancing to a song romantically then it cuts to the 2000's where it's in colour and they are dancing in the modern way romantically. It shows how times have changed but the couple are still together no matter what the era is?

Listening to the music and the instruments there is a gentle strumming the whole way through which makes it constant. The pace of the music is also very slow most of the way and it's actually the lyrics that make the pace of the song fasten. This means I will have to make sure that if I choose to correspond my visual with the words they should be faster paced than if I chose to correspond my visuals to the music. I am going to think my first idea over and decide whether I want to do something fast or slow paced.

No comments: